Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh, Technology

Cameron finally joined Facebook last night after years of coaxing. I'm not sure why he had held back all those years, but ironically, he said that he had read an article only yesterday that wondered if Facebook is now outdated.
It's only a matter of time until the world is on to the next, cooler thing (i.e. Twitter). :)
Oh, technology.
It struck me that this is just symptomatic of our lives. We are always searching for something else to fill our hearts and we are easily distracted by everything around us . . . in the midst of filling our lives with 'stuff' and striving to get more 'stuff' it becomes harder and harder to hear the voice that is drawing us to Himself.
During this period in my life, I am attempting to work at hearing that voice . . . it's a challenge everyday. I am by no means where I want to be yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment