Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gainfully Employed!

Just a quick update (Caleb may be waking up any minute) . . . after much prayer and a lot of deliberation, Cameron and I decided that I should take the teaching/admin position at Logos Preparatory Academy.
Logos has a really neat set-up: students are in the classroom twice a week and spend the other days at home with parents taking the lead in their education. Teachers send home assignment sheets with students with work that parents help the child complete on the off-days.
I will be teaching second grade math, 3-4 grade art, and two sections of fifth grade science. I will also be serving as a part-time administrative assistant to the Dean of Students.
I really like all of the people that I have met there so far, so I am looking forward to the school year starting in a couple of weeks. After working on our budget with lots of help from the McCombs family, we realized we could make this work -- Caleb will only have to be in daycare twice a week and Logos will allow me to do much of the admin work from home. :)
If you think of it, here are a couple of things you could pray about for us: that we stick to the budget we created, that I can be effective in the classroom (I am a little nervous!), and that Caleb will do well at his new daycare center (I know I will have a hard time leaving him there!).

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!
    You will do phenomenally teaching those kids. What a blessing to have this job and the flexibility with Caleb so you still get time with him. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little EJ - I'm so happy for you! YOU will do super awesome, you're a fabulous teacher and listener - I know the kids will gain much from being in your presence! You've taught me a lot - so you're all over it. :) Love you lots, honey. And I'm lovin' this blog...

    Mando

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is exciting to me! i interviewed at Logos to be the administrative assistant last year but ended up at HBU instead. i dont know if aaron weast would remember me, but you can give him a hello from me. i am excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete