Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Things I'm Lovin'



Here are a few things I am lovin' these days:
Summer evenings on the porch . . . we meant to exercise last night, but the lightning deterred our plans! Instead, we ended drinking coffee on the porch after Caleb went to sleep. :)
Embroidery . . . as a kid, I totally hated it! My mom would bribe me to finish little projects ("we can go to McDonald's if you work on this handkerchief"); but her persistence paid off! Here is a little surprise I made for Cameron on Father's Day:
Doubleshots Coffee Shop . . . Long live the independent coffee shop! If you are a Sugar Lander, go check it out. They are near the corner of Eldridge and West Airport. Super-friendly owners, yummy drinks, they have my favorite pastry (chocolate croissants), and a ping-pong table.
Library Cards . . .I haven't had a library card since college and I just got a card for the Fort Bend Public Libraries last week. I really like the way they have things set up -- you can keep books for up to three weeks and you can return them to any of the Fort Bend library locations - very cool!
The best part about all of these activities -- they are cheap or free! :)

3 comments:

  1. Fun list, Erin. I'm glad you've started a blog. And I promise to reply to your e-mail TODAY!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging!!!! I'm excited to keep up with you guys. I will be a faithful 'Google-Reader'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are having fun! I have been meaning to get a library card for Fort Bend and can't wait to try the new coffee shop!

    ReplyDelete